Monday 28 January 2008

IDENTITIES-SECOND SELF

When I first read that I needed to create a second identity. I did not have a clue what I would need to do. So I looked at Second life and tried to get a account with it and I was not able to they did not send me a confirmation email so it was impossible for me to set up an account with them. I thought I was not going to be able to do the project. My lecturer told me that there were other online communities. So I decide to join Vside. This is a relatively new but free online community by doppelganger. The Characters are all cell shaded giving it a cartoon look to it.  There are 3 towns to visit. Its quite a small online community. then again that could be a good thing because if you lose a friend you can find them easily. You can also teleport to your friends if you want to speak to them.
On this society you can purchase a credits which are a sort of currency that can be used on the game to purchase new clothes for you character. I don't think that will be something that will be something that I will be doing. I have heard that people spend a lot of money on these virtual world especially second life where you can opt to pay £9 a month so you can buy land and clothes or set up a business. 

 Im going to keep a day to day diary of the goings on and the interaction of my character with other members within the world of Vside.

No comments: